went travelling in Morocco


I am a 20-year-old tall blond American girl and thinking about going on a study abroad program to Morocco next fall. I will be staying in a home stay for the first 8 weeks and am in a program with about 30 other students, but would it be safe for me to travel there? especially given the current situation in North Africa. Any suggestions for precautions I should take if I choose to travel there?

Has Morocco changed since the beginning of all the unrest in North Africa? Has it become more dangerous in any way?

My sister and I are going to Marrakech in October for 1 week, staying in a riad. We are in our early 60s so don't expect any hassle experienced by younger females! I went travelling in Morocco in 1969 with a group of "flower children" and we had a wonderful time. Has anyone any tips for mature ladies with poor French language skills, staying in marrakech, without their unadventurous husbands? Which tours would be suitable (we are a bit arthritic) and what's the best way of organising them? I'm hoping to add to my belly dance outfits - any suggestions much appreciated.
johnk5159 - I'm expecting great things from you!


morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco