Morocco Travel

I have just discovered (through DNA testing) that I am Moroccan. (long story)

I am new to this forum and would like to learn as much about my people and culture as possible.

I have found family in Morocco and in Amsterdam, and I plan on meeting with them in the not too distant future, and I have been in touch with the family members in Amsterdam but not Morocco yet. They are all from the Jebala area of Tetouan.

I am learning that there is a large Moroccan community in Amsterdam, and other regions so if any of you out there have any insight or can direct me to the proper books, films, places to learn more about Morocco, I would be very grateful.

I am located in Connecticut in the U.S. and I was wondering if there were any Moroccan organizations, clubs or cultural centers in the tri-state area. (New Jersey, New York, Connecticut)

I am even learning that the Arabic spoken in Morocco is different from the Arabic spoken in other Arabic speaking regions.

I realize that it takes more than blood, bone marrow, and DNA to be a Moroccan or to be anything for that matter. But I am very eager to learn everything I can about the country my ancestors came from, the history, the political climate, and the people.

I realize that I have to earn your respect, and I am willing……………

You can look up Washington Moroccan American Club on face book or internet and join.

so much for all that information, I will begin researching it as soon as possible.

Are you in the states or in Morocco? My family lives in Tetouan, and the rest of them live in Amsterdam. I plan on visiting the family members in Amsterdam first, but I’ll definitely be traveling to Morocco sometime next year.

The more I can learn about the people and the culture the better.

I don’t want to be just another typical American walking around insulting people because I didn’t take the time to learn the culture.

I’d much rather know the language and the rules of the road (so to speak)

Thank you so much for everything , and please feel free to keep in touch with me…. Dennis



Good Luck.








morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco