Ouzoud waterfalls



Ouzoud waterfalls in the city of Beni Mellal through the city and Azilal dam Bin el Ouidane a distance of 120 km.




The 16 km route I did the day before the descent to go to the waterfalls of Ouzoud, I was obliged to do it again this time to go up the hill in the city of Beni Mellal. And it is very hard to start a step by rising when the legs have not yet taken the pedaling rate.

After the first part of 16 km, I turned left onto the road that leads to regional Azilal dam Bine El Ouidane, Afourer and Beni Mellal.

The second part of 21 km, was on the regional road, I made the false flat amount to the city of Azilal.

In this city of the High Atlas mountains surrounded, I paused to eat a little and buy some groceries.

At the exit of the city, I was surprised by the applause of the people who were sitting on the terrace of a cafe. At the beginning, this is a client who saw me first on my bike and stood up and began to applaud, other customers also have seen me, and they imitated. I greeted my part for raising the hand of victory and shouting "Long live Morocco."
It was really an amazing time and this gesture gave me the courage and the will to continue this journey an unforgettable gesture for me.

The third part was the city of the dam Azilal Bine El Ouidane with false flat amount on a distance of 10 km and a climb to cross a pass of 1510 m and at the end of a long descent of more than 10 km to the barrier.

This dam has a dual purpose: energy production and irrigation. It is considered the highest arch dam in Africa and the largest in Morocco energetic production. In addition to its ability to irrigation on the plain of Tadla, which belongs to the interior plain of Tadla pre-Atlas (3500 km2) in the extended region of Marrakech-Tensift-Al-Haouz plain by Sraghna. The dam helped develop 69,500 ha of fertile land of 125 km in length. Moroccan government policy in the early 60s was to achieve the irrigation of a million hectares. Despite the large network of dams, Morocco faces problems: drought and dam filling with mud, which has an influence on water retention.

At the end of the dam, I found a grocery store at the edge of the road, so I decided to take a break to take my lunch, I ordered a lemonade, bread and a can of tuna, I took a box of empty lemonade and I sat under a tree to watch the beautiful scenery: water, mountains and greenery in all sides. This place is really great for hiking or mountain biking.

After the break I took the road for the fourth part of this step between the dam and Bine El Ouidane City Afourer. Between these two places, there is a pass of more than 1000 m between them. And when we say a pass, it means ascent and descent. To climb, it was long, about 9 km, but it was not very hard, and the road was rolling average slope was between 6 and 8%, and at the top of the pass, a great view Afourer city and the plain of Tadla. For the descent, it was too long and very dangerous with tight corners and a slope of 12% on average and in passages more than 15%, luckily I was in the descent.

A Afourer, I made a break and I took the road for the fifth part of this step between Ouzoud and the city of Beni Mellal. This last part was easier with false flat down to the Afourer highway No. 8, then the dish to the city of Beni Mellal.

A Beni Mellal, I took a room in a hotel at the price of 30 Dh night. This city is one of the largest cities in the center of Morocco with nearly 250,000 inhabitants, as other communities in the region has grown largely due to income immigrants settled mostly in Italy.

morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco