Les Terres M’barka


Les Terres M’barka

We stayed at Les Terres M’barka Hotel located just under 10 minutes away from the city and really I must say its a piece of heaven, such beautiful place, so calm so nice, amazing hospitality and healthy food. lots of activities too. This is just the type of place that showcase a different side of Marrakesh compared to the main attractions in the city. It is a true Oasis in the Desert with olive trees that surrounds the area. I was told that this place is the only one outside the city which as a water underneath its grounds. While having lunch with the manager (such a nice bloke) my dad suddenly brought up Holo and started briefly explaining about her, the project and landmarks. I went all red and wanted to kick him, instead I kicked the chair.. It was too late too stop him and the manager was actually into it, after joining in and clarifying about maybe adding a landmark from Marrakesh, he went all excited to my surprise! He said that he will definitely help out and for the time being why not take pictures of Holo around the hotel complex which is still very Marrocan architecture.





























After lunch he showed us around the complex, Its pretty big and what makes it even amazing is that they have their own horse range and farm which they produce their own milk, honey etc for the hotel. He later brought us on a hillside to watch the sunset and just admire its surroundings while having a bonfire. You could even see the amazing High Atlas Mountains with its snow-capped peaks. What’s funny is while doing all that my dad and him were doing business! It was a long day finished off by a huge traditional Moroccan dinner which had the specialties of couscous, Tajis etc. I liked it a lot. The next day with little sleep my dad and I headed out before breakfast and took a few more shots with Holo that we didnt manage to do the previous day before meeting up again with the manager and owner. Time was running out as we had to soon go to the Airport to catch our flight back to the UK. I was hoping to visit the city center like I mentioned but we were so busy (mostly my dad) with the business side and meetings that it completely ate our plans. However while in the car, the manager turned around and said “so what about that landmark of yours for the project?” I couldnt believe it and was extremely delighted with his gesture. We chose to feature the famous Koutoutbia Mosque while the rest we covered while in the car.



morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco